LIXIL makes pioneering water and housing products that solve everyday, real-life challenges, making better homes a reality for everyone, everywhere.
Compensation paid to the Company's corporate officers in the year ended March 31, 2019, was as per the following tables.
|Corporate officer title||Total
(Millions of yen)
|Total compensation by type (Millions of yen)||Number of corporate officers eligible for compensation|
|Shares with Restrictions on transfer||Stock option||Other|
Note: 1. This is calculated under JGAAP.
2. The total compensation shown above consists of both the compensation paid by the Company and the compensation paid by the Company's subsidiaries. The amount paid by the Company was ¥1,273 million (¥305 million for 11 directors and ¥968 million for 14 executive officers).
3. The compensation for executive officers includes single annual and medium to long-term performance-based compensation of ¥36 million booked in the fiscal year under review (with respect to 7 executive officers).
4. The total number of directors and executive officers eligible to receive stock options is one.
5. One officer is eligible for "Other."
(Millions of yen)
|Total compensation by type (Millions of yen)|
|Basic compensation||Performance-based compensation||Shares with Restrictions on transfer||Stock option||Other|
|Yoichiro Ushioda||Director||LIXIL Group Corporation||14||10||-||4||-||-|
|Executive Officer||LIXIL Group Corporation||137||105||-||32||-||-|
|Director||LIXIL INTERNATIONAL Pte. Ltd.||4||4||-||-||-||-|
|LIXIL Group Corporation||442||183||-||225||34||-|
|Jin Song Montesano||Executive
|LIXIL Group Corporation||132||59||19||10||-||44|
Note: 1. Stock options are booked as expenses in the fiscal year under review with regard to the 9th share acquisition rights, and differ from the amounts obtained from the actual execution and sale.
2. "Other" consists of factors such as cost of living assistance and medical insurance associated with overseas postings.
The Company's policy on the compensation plan for corporate officers is to implement a fair compensation structure that will motivate each corporate officer to execute his or her duties in order to meet shareholders' expectations and fulfill the Company's management policy.
Separate compensation schemes are provided for Directors, who are responsible for supervising the Company’s management, and Executive Officers, who are responsible for execution of business. When a Director serves as an Executive Officer, the compensation scheme of the Executive Officer shall be applied in principle.
Compensation for each individual Director and Executive Officer shall be deliberated and decided separately in accordance with the basic policy of compensation. The Executive Officer's compensation structure is designed to enhance motivation to improve short and medium-long-term performance and corporate value.
Compensation level guidelines shall be determined based on the degree of achievement of the previous fiscal year's performance targets and the external management environment, etc. after comparative verification using data from outside remuneration consultants.