*If you are located in European Economic Area (“EEA”), please refer to “EEA Specific Privacy Statement” to know how your personal data is handled and protected.
LIXIL Corporation ("LIXIL") believe that the appropriate handling and protection of personal information is our social responsibility. LIXIL will strive to appropriately handle and protect the personal information (including personal information provided by you, users of LIXIL's website) that it acquires in accordance with this basic policy on the protection of personal information (this "Basic Policy").
1. Definition of Personal Information and Personal Data
- (1) "Personal Information" is information concerning a living individual falling under any of the following categories:
- (a) Information that includes name, address, date of birth, gender, occupation, telephone number, email address, or any other information that may enable identification of specific individuals;
- (b) Information that by itself does not enable identification of specific individuals, but that can be easily collated with other information and thereby enable identification of specific individuals; or
- (c) Information that includes individual identification codes as defined under Article 2, Paragraph 2 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (the "Personal Information Protection Act").
- (2) "Personal data" means Personal Information consulting Personal Information Database etc. (Article 2, Paragraph 4 of the Personal Information Protection Act).
2. Acquisition and Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- (1) LIXIL will acquire your Personal Information legitimately and appropriately, and will use the same within the scope necessary to achieve the following purposes:
- (a) For the purpose of providing to you (i) goods such as residential building materials, commercial building materials, exterior products, and residential equipment of LIXIL ("LIXIL's Products"), and (ii) LIXIL's services;
- (b) For the purpose of providing materials or catalogs relating to LIXIL's Products and LIXIL's services that you have requested;
- (c) For the purpose of providing plans on LIXIL Products and LIXIL's services to you;
- (d) For the purpose of providing to you information, including mail magazines, on LIXIL's Products and LIXIL's services, by means such as direct or electronic mail;
- (e) For the purpose of delivering campaign gifts or other forms of gifts to you;
- (f) For the purpose of introducing LIXIL's partners, with your approval;
- (g) For the purpose of investigating your usage and satisfaction of LIXIL's Products and LIXIL's services;
- (h) For the purpose of answering your comments or requests concerning LIXIL, LIXIL's Products or LIXIL's services;
- (i) For the purpose of providing or undertaking after-sales services or maintenance of LIXIL's Products; or
- (j) For the purpose of providing your Personal Information or Personal Data to third parties in order to achieve any of the purposes mentioned under (a) through (i) above.
- (2) In the event that your Personal Information is required to be used for a purpose other than the purposes set forth in the preceding paragraph, with the exception of the following cases, your Personal Information may be used on obtaining your prior consent by informing you of the purposes of use of your Personal Information:
- (a) Where it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; or
- (b) Where it is specially necessary for the improvement of public hygiene or fostering healthy children, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; or
- (c) Where it is necessary to cooperate with a government organization, local authority or a person authorized by such body so that legally prescribed tasks can be executed, and where there is concern that obtaining your consent may hinder execution of the particular task; or
- (d) Where required by laws and regulations.
- (3) LIXIL may change the purpose of use of your Personal Information relevant to the purposes of use provided in Section 1. and within a scope deemed reasonable. In the event that the purpose of use is changed, LIXIL will inform you of such change, or the same will be announced on its website.
- (4) Excluding the cases set forth in Article 17, Paragraph 2 of the Personal Information Protection Act, LIXIL will not acquire special care-required personal information (Article 2, Paragraph 3 of the Personal Information Protection Act) without obtaining your prior consent.
- (5) In the event that you contact LIXIL with questions or comments, your call or other form of communication may be recorded. Such recordings may be used to verify the details of conversations and to better provide responsive services.
3. Joint Use
LIXIL may use your Personal Data jointly within the scope provided below to achieve any of the purposes listed in Section 2. (1) above.
- (1) Items of Personal Data that may be used jointly
All your Personal Data, excluding data that you have specifically requested not to be used jointly.
- (2) Scope of the entities that will use information jointly
- (3) The purpose of use for joint users
Same as provided in Section 2. (1) above.
- (4) Name of the party responsible for the management of the said Personal Data
4. Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
- (1) In the following cases, LIXIL may provide Personal Data to third parties, including LIXIL Corporation's franchise or voluntary chains, its subsidiaries' franchise or voluntary chains, and such other third party distributors of LIXIL's Products (excluding third parties in foreign countries; hereinafter, the same applies in this paragraph):
- (a) where your prior consent is given;
- (b) where you cannot be individually identified;
- (c) where Personal Data is provided to subcontractors (including sub-subcontractors) following an entrustment of the handling of Personal Data in whole or in part within the scope necessary to achieve any of the purposes listed in Section 2.(1) above;
- (d) where Personal Data is provided following a business transfer due to a merger or other reason;
- (e) where there is joint use as provided in Section 3. above; or
- (f) where any of the cases provided in Section 2. (2) (a) to (d) exist.
- (2) Notwithstanding that none of the provisions in the preceding paragraph apply, LIXIL may provide Personal Data (excluding special care-required personal information; hereinafter, the same applies in this paragraph) to third parties (excluding third parties in foreign countries; hereinafter, the same applies in this paragraph) within the following scope, on notifying the Personal Information Protection Commission of such provision:
- (a) Items of Personal Data that may be provided to third parties in accordance with this paragraph
- (b) All your Personal Information, excluding Personal Information that you have specifically requested not to be provided.
- (c) Methods of providing Personal Data to third parties in accordance with this paragraph
- (d) Paper, electronic data transfer, by delivery through external recording medium, or by server access
- (e) Methods of requesting cessation of the provision of Personal Data in accordance with this paragraph
- (f) Where you request LIXIL to cease providing Personal Data to third parties in accordance with this paragraph, LIXIL will cease providing the Personal Data that you have identified without delay and in accordance with laws and regulations. For details on the methods of requesting cessation of the provision of Personal Data to third parties, directly contact "LIXIL Corporation Personal Information Inquiry Center" described in Section 12. below.
- (3) LIXIL may provide Personal Data to third parties in foreign countries in any of the following cases:
- (a) where your prior consent is given to provide Personal Data to third parties in foreign countries; In such case, the recipients of Personal Data are limited to LIXIL Corporation's subsidiaries and affiliated companies in foreign countries;
- (b) Concerning the handling of Personal Data, where Personal Data is provided to third parties in foreign countries that have implemented measures in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 4, Section 1 of the Personal Information Protection Act by appropriate reasonable measures, and with whom LIXIL has ensured implementation of such measures; in such case, the recipients of Personal Data are limited to LIXIL Corporation's subcontractors in foreign countries (subcontractors include such parties as sub-subcontractors and their subcontractors, etc. in foreign countries);
- (c) where you cannot be individually identified; or
- (d) where any of the cases provided in Section 2.(2)(a) to (d).
5. Management of Your Personal Information
- (1) In addition to training and educating all LIXIL's officers and employees, LIXIL will strive to appropriately manage your Personal Information, and will appoint responsible persons in each of our departments to handle your Personal Information.
- (2) LIXIL will strive to maintain the security of our website, etc., by preventing unauthorized access to, or leakage or loss of, or damage, etc., to your Personal Information.
- (3) LIXIL will conclude subcontracts with our subcontractors that include non-disclosure provisions. LIXIL will make efforts to have our subcontractors appropriately handle and secure your Personal Information, and will prevent the leakage, re-provision or disclosure to third parties, or use of Personal Information beyond the scope of purposes listed in Section 2. (1) above.
6. Disclosure, Correction, Addition, Deletion, Cessation of Use, Removal or Cessation of Provision of Your Personal Data to Third Parties
- (1) Where you would like to disclose, correct, add to, delete, have LIXIL cease the use of, remove or have LIXIL cease the provision of Personal Data, directly contact "LIXIL Corporation Personal Information Inquiry Center" described in Section 12. below. Excluding special procedures stipulated under laws or regulations from the perspective of preventing the leakage of Personal Information, and maintaining the accuracy and security thereof, LIXIL will conduct any necessary investigation without delay. Only where it is confirmed that the request relates to your Personal Data will LIXIL disclose, correct, add to, delete, cease use of, removal or cease provision of Personal Data to third parties in accordance with laws and regulations. LIXIL will not comply with any request that does not satisfy the requirements for making a request as provided below or any request that is deemed unreasonable based on our investigation.
- (2) LIXIL will contact you without delay concerning compliance or non-compliance with your request for any of the matters mentioned in the preceding paragraph. In the event of non-compliance, LIXIL will strive to provide you with an explanation of the reasons therefore.
- (1) On using LIXIL's website, and registering your ID and password, please manage the same extremely carefully. LIXIL bears no responsibility for any damage that you may incur arising from any unauthorized use thereof. If you have registered falsified facts or information of another person, we may suspend use of your ID and password.
- (2) LIXIL is not responsible for the protection, management or other handling of Personal Information and any other information on any third-party websites that have been linked to LIXIL's website.
8. Compliance with Relevant Laws and Regulations, etc.
LIXIL will comply with the laws and regulations of Japan, guidelines etc., published by the Personal Information Protection Commission regarding Personal Information.
9. Notification of Changes to this Basic Policy
Where required, this Basic Policy may be amended. Since LIXIL cannot contact you on every occasion, please refer to LIXIL's website for the latest version of this Basic Policy.
- (a) revising or deleting website content to improve customer satisfaction;
- (b) providing services that are customized to you individually; or
- (c) analyzing what interests you may have in any services, and
- (d) effective delivery of advertising on the website.
LIXIL's website automatically encrypts and transmits information over the Internet, and communicates with secure sockets layer (SSL/TSL) to transmit forms. However, if you don’t use a browser which supports TLS version1.2 or later functionality of SSL/TSL may be adversely affected. We recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer.
12. Contact Us
Contact LIXIL with any inquiry regarding this Basic Policy as follows:
LIXIL Corporation Personal Information Inquiry Center
2-1-1 Ojima, Koto-ku, Tokyo 136-8535, Japan
Revised February 1, 2015
Revised May 30, 2017
Revised December 3, 2018
Revised December 1, 2020
Revised March 9, 2021