EEA Specific Privacy Statement
LIXIL’s policy on the protection of Personal Data
LIXIL Corporation ("LIXIL") believe that the appropriate handling and protection of personal data is our social responsibility. This Privacy Statement applies to personal data we obtain from and about individuals in the EEA interacting with LIXIL through this and other websites, our products and services. It does not apply to personal data LIXIL obtains in its capacity as an employer or to websites, products and services which have a separate privacy statement that do not incorporate this Privacy Statement.
1. Responsibility for Data Processing
- (1) The controller responsible for the processing of your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Statement is:
- LIXIL Corporation
- 2-1-1 Ojima, Koto-ku, Tokyo,
- 136-0072, Japan,
- (2) If you have data privacy related inquiries, please direct them to
- 2-1-1 Ojima, Koto-ku, Tokyo,
- 136-0072, Japan,
- e-mail: email@example.com
- (3) This Privacy Statement informs you about the extent of the processing of your personal data by LIXIL.
- (1)‘GDPR’ means the European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
- (2)‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- (3)‘Special categories of personal data’ means personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data or biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
3. Acquisition and Purpose of Use of Personal Data
- (1) LIXIL will acquire your Personal Data legitimately and appropriately, and will use it within the scope necessary to achieve the following purposes:
- (a) For the purpose of providing goods, materials, information or services offered by LIXIL to you, in a physical or digital format, based on your request. We process the data on the basis of your consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 a) GDPR.
- (b) For the purpose of introducing LIXIL's partners. We process the data on the basis of your consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 a) GDPR.
- (c) For the purpose of investigating your usage and satisfaction with LIXIL's Products and LIXIL's services. We process the data on the basis of our legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR.
- (d) For the purpose of delivering campaign gifts or other forms of gifts to you. We process the data on the basis of our legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR.
- (e) For the purpose of answering your comments or requests concerning LIXIL, LIXIL's products or LIXIL's services. We process the data on the basis of our legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR.
- (f) For the purpose of providing or undertaking after-sales services or maintenance of LIXIL's Products. We will process the data based on necessity for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. We process the data on the basis of a contractual obligation in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 b) GDPR.
- (g) For the purpose of enabling the operation of the website, we will store all data to be processed in connection with the operation of this website by using “Web Hosting”. This is necessary to enable the operation of the website. We process the data accordingly on the basis of our legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR. To provide our online presence, we use the services of web hosting providers to whom we provide the above data.
- (i) For the purpose of providing your Personal Data to third parties in order to achieve any of the purposes mentioned under (a) to (h) of this Section 3.
- (2) In the event that your Personal Data is required to be used for a purpose other than one of the purposes set forth in the preceding paragraph your Personal Data may be used on obtaining your prior consent by informing you of the intended purpose of use of your Personal Data. However, in the following circumstances we may use your Personal Data without any of the above-mentioned bases for use applying:
- (a) Where it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person, and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- (b) Where it is especially necessary for the improvement of public hygiene or fostering healthy children, and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- (c) Where it is necessary to cooperate with a government organization, local authority or a person authorized by such body so that legally prescribed tasks can be executed; or
- (d) Where required by laws and regulations.
- (3) LIXIL may change the purpose of the use of your Personal Data relevant to the purposes of use provided in Section 3(1) and within a scope deemed reasonable. In the event that the purpose is changed, LIXIL will announce such change on its website or may inform you of such change directly.
- (4) LIXIL will not process special categories of personal data without obtaining your prior explicit consent.
- (5) In the event that you contact LIXIL with questions or comments, your call or other form of communication may be recorded. Such recordings may be used to verify the details of conversations and to better provide responsive services. We make these recordings based on our legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR.
4. Provision of Personal Data to other Parties
LIXIL may provide any or all of your Personal Data (excluding special categories of personal data) to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or third parties, including LIXIL Corporation's franchise or voluntary chains, its subsidiaries' franchise or voluntary chains, distributors of LIXIL’s products, our contractors and such other third parties for the purposes listed in Section 3(1) where:
- (a) your prior consent is given;
- (b) you cannot be individually identified;
- (c) Personal data is provided following an entrustment of the handling of Personal Data in whole or in part within the scope necessary to achieve any of the purposes listed in Section 3 (1);
- (d) the third party has an adequacy decision, appropriate safeguards or binding corporate rules required by applicable laws, and with whom LIXIL has ensured implementation of such measures;
- (e) Personal Data is provided following a business transfer;
- (f) any of the circumstances provided in Section 3 (2)(a) to (d) exist.
5. Duration of Data Storage
The Controller will only store personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed, for periods required by law or until your consent has been revoked.
6. Data Subjects’ Rights
- (1) Information
If you request it, we will give you information about all personal data that a LIXIL has stored about you.
For your own protection, LIXIL reserves the right to ask you to verify your identity in order to prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to Personal Data that LIXIL undertakes to protect. If identification is not possible, LIXIL reserves the right to refuse to process the request.
- (2) Rectification, erasure, restriction of processing (blocking), objection
If you no longer consent to the storage of your Personal Data or if part or all of it has become incorrect, LIXIL will, upon receiving a clear request, arrange for the erasure or blocking of your Personal Data or make the necessary rectifications (to the extent permitted by applicable law). This provision also applies in relation to a request to process Personal Data in a restricted way.
- (3) Data Portability
Upon request, we will provide you with your data in a standard, structured and machine-readable format so that you can, if you wish, submit the data to another controller.
- (4) Right to Complain
You have a right to complain to the competent supervisory authority of your EU member country.
- (5) Right of revocation effect
Any given consent can be revoked at any time and will affect future processing. However, your revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing up until the time of revocation.
- (6) Limitation
Data from which LIXIL is unable to identify the data subject, for example if data has been anonymized for analysis purposes, is not covered by the rights set out in this Section 4.
- (7) Exercising your Rights
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, information, correction, blocking, opposition or deletion of data or the desire to transfer the data to another company, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (8) Automated decision making
LIXIL has not implemented automated decision making.
- (a) revising or deleting website content to improve customer satisfaction;
- (b) providing services that are customized to you individually; or
- (c) analyzing what interests you may have in any services, and
- (d) effective delivery of advertising on the website.
- (3) For the purpose of achieving of Section 7(2)(a) to (d), we may use services provided by third parties including the following:
- (a) Google Analytics
The Controller uses Google Analytics a service of Google LLC 1600 Amphitheater Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043 USA (“Google”). Google uses certain cookies. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. The information is stored to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity for website operators, and to provide other website-related services. Google will never associate your IP address with other Google data.
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "anonymizeIp ()". This truncates IP addresses before transmitting them to a server in the United States. A direct personal reference in connection with the stored data is thus usually excluded. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a server in the USA and shortened there.
You may opt-out of the collection of data at any time by installing the Google Analytics Disable Add-on at any time:
Please also refer to the notes on the use of Google data in the Google Partner Network at:
Google is certified under:
For more information about Google’s privacy policies, please visit: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=en
- (b) Google Tag Manager
This website uses Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is a solution operated by Google that allows marketed website tags to be managed using an interface.
The Tag Manager tool (which implements the tags) is a cookie-less domain and does not register personal data. The tool causes other tags to be activated which may, for their part, register data under certain circumstances. Google Tag Manager does not access this information. If recording has been deactivated on domain or cookie level, this setting will remain in place for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager.
LIXIL's website automatically encrypts and transmits information over the Internet, and communicates with secure sockets layer (SSL/TSL) to transmit forms. However, if you don’t use a browser which supports TLS version1.2 or later functionality of SSL/TSL may be adversely affected. We recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer.
9. General Disclaimer
- (1) It is your responsibility to keep secure any ID and/or password (‘log in credentials’) you have registered on LIXIL's website. LIXIL bears no responsibility for any damage that you may incur arising from any unauthorized use of your log in credentials. If you have registered false information or information of another person, we may suspend or cancel the use of your log in credentials.
- (2) LIXIL is not responsible for the protection, management or other handling of Personal Data or any other information on any third-party websites that have been linked to LIXIL's website.
10. Notification of Changes to this Basic Policy
Where required, this Privacy Statement may be amended. Since LIXIL cannot contact you on every occasion, please refer to LIXIL's website for the latest version of this Privacy Statement.
Enacted on December 3, 2018
Revised on December 1, 2020