LIXIL is the most comprehensive and connected global company in the housing and building industry, delivering human-centric innovation that enhances people's living spaces.
Compensation paid to the Company's corporate officers in the year ended March 31, 2016, was as per the following tables.
|Corporate officer title||Total
(Millions of yen)
|Total compensation by type (Millions of yen)||Number of corporate officers eligible for compensation|
1. The total compensation of corporate officers shown above includes the compensation of the Company and the Company's subsidiaries.
2. The three Directors with concurrent Executive Officer positions at the end of the fiscal year are included in the total amount of compensation and the total number of corporate officers for Executive Officer positions.
3. Executive Officer compensation based on earnings includes performance-based compensation reflecting earnings booked in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2016, of ¥16 million (with respect to 2 corporate officers) and transfers to reserves for earnings-based compensation reflecting earnings booked over the medium-to-long term (April 2015 to March 2018) of ¥566 million (with respect to 11 corporate officers).
4. The total number of Directors and Executive Officers eligible to receive stock options is 17.
5. One officer is eligible for "Other."
(Millions of yen)
|Total compensation by type (Millions of yen)|
|Basic compensation||Performance-based compensation||Stock option||Other|
|Yoichiro Ushioda||Director||LIXIL Group Corporation||164||120||-||44||-|
|Director||LIXIL INTERNATIONAL Pte. Ltd.||5||5||-||-||-|
|LIXIL Group Corporation||524||180||300||44||-|
|LIXIL Group Corporation||125||50||75||-||-|
|LIXIL Group Corporation||120||69||36||15||-|
|LIXIL Group Corporation||118||69||35||14||-|
|LIXIL Group Corporation||106||63||35||8||-|
|Hwa Jin Song Montesano||Executive
|LIXIL Group Corporation||112||53||12||10||37|
1. Regarding performance-based compensation reflecting earnings, transfers to reserves for earnings-based compensation reflecting earnings, booked over the medium-to-long term (April 2015 to March 2018) have not been made. In addition, no compensation reflecting short-term earnings in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2016, was paid.
2. Stock options are booked as expenses in the fiscal year with regard to the 2013 stock options granted on May 9, 2013, the 2014 stock options granted on May 23, 2014, and the 2014 stock options granted on December 12, 2014, and differ from the amounts obtained from the actual execution and sale.
3. "Other" consists of allowances made for disparities in compensation compared with previous positions and such factors as cost of living assistance and medical insurance associated with overseas postings.
The Company's policy on the compensation plan for corporate officers is to implement a fair compensation structure that will motivate each corporate officer to execute his or her duties in order to meet shareholders' expectations and fulfill the Company's business policy.
Under the corporate officers' compensation structure, there shall be separate structures for directors, who are responsible for governance, and executive officers, who are responsible for the execution of business operations, in order to reflect the differences in their roles. In the case of a director who is concurrently serving as an executive officer, the compensation plan for executive officers shall be applied.