LIXIL is the most comprehensive and connected global company in the housing and building industry, delivering human-centric innovation that enhances people's living spaces.
Compensation paid to the Company's corporate officers in the year ended March 31, 2017, was as per the following tables.
|Corporate officer title||Total
(Millions of yen)
|Total compensation by type (Millions of yen)||Number of corporate officers eligible for compensation|
Note: 1. The total compensation shown above consists of both the compensation paid by the Company and the compensation paid by the Company's subsidiaries. The amount paid by the Company was ¥1,563 million (¥277 million for 10 directors and ¥1,286 million for 13 executive officers.)
2. The total compensation paid to the three directors who also served as executive officers as of the end of the fiscal year under review, and the number of these executive officers, are included in the total amount of compensation paid to executive officers and the total number of executive officers. Furthermore, the total compensation corresponding to the period during which they assumed concurrent duties paid to the three directors who also served as executive officers during the fiscal year under review, and the number of these executive officers, are included in the total amount of compensation paid to executive officers and the number of the directors is added to the number of executive officers.
3. The performance-based compensation for executive officers includes single annual and medium- to long-term performance-based compensation of ¥452 million booked in the fiscal year under review (with respect to 12 executive officers.)
4. The total number of Directors and executive officers eligible to receive stock options is 18.
5. Two officers are eligible for "Other."
(Millions of yen)
|Total compensation by type (Millions of yen)|
|Basic compensation||Performance-based compensation||Stock option||Other|
|Yoichiro Ushioda||Director||LIXIL Group Corporation||119||111||-||8||-|
|Director||LIXIL INTERNATIONAL Pte. Ltd.||5||5||-||-||-|
|LIXIL Group Corporation||159||50||101||8||-|
|LIXIL Group Corporation||526||185||160||31||150|
|Hwa Jin Song Montesano||Executive
|LIXIL Group Corporation||124||56||15||7||46|
Note: 1. Stock options are booked as expenses in the fiscal year under review with regard to the 7th, 8th, or 9th share acquisition rights, and differ from the amounts obtained from the actual execution and sale.
2. "Other" consists of allowances made for disparities in compensation compared with previous positions and such factors as cost of living assistance and medical insurance associated with overseas postings.
The Company's policy on the compensation plan for corporate officers is to implement a fair compensation structure that will motivate each corporate officer to execute his or her duties in order to meet shareholders' expectations and fulfill the Company's business policy.
Under the corporate officers' compensation structure, there shall be separate structures for directors, who are responsible for governance, and executive officers, who are responsible for the execution of business operations, in order to reflect the differences in their roles. In the case of a director who is concurrently serving as an executive officer, the compensation plan for executive officers shall be applied.